Friday, July 18, 2008

Shakin' and Movin' or Movin' and Shakin'

Starting monday, I'll be switching jobs.....kinda. Still working at the same place, but I'll be switching to a different department.

I work for a Freight Broker, in the sales/dispatch dept now. Basically I coordinate with trucks picking up and delivering freight. I'm on the phone a lot which leaves me plenty of time to dork around on the interwebs. I'll be moving to the Admin/Accting dept, and I've no idea how this will effect my online time. I'm hoping it will give me more to do, since as it is....I get bored out of my mind with nothing to do. Next week starts "cross training" and by Aug 3rd I'll be in my new capacity/desk (across the room from where I am now).

Should be interesting, and I'm looking forward to it. I think it'll be more of a challenge, and work more towards my strengths and skills. The bum deal is that I already make more $ than anyone in that dept, so I won't be up for a raise for a few years. :( Oh, well....

I should be going back to school in the winter (maybe) and this is a good job to have while schoolin' it up! Easy, and I can leave it here when I'm done for the day.

5 comments:

Miss Mar said...

This is a constant source of struggle for me... do I stay at my sometimes fun, but always mindless and usually boring job where I can just fuck around all day online... or do I find a job where I'll actually have stuff to do, may be somewhat more interesting, but where I will actually have to WORK? Good luck on the new job front.. :)

Nicole said...

i had the same problem marlene has. I was boing nothing but surfing the web all day and was able to do my homework. BUT...money talks to i left. Hopefully i'll be more busy!

Anonymous said...

I knew nothing of this! How dare you leave your brother in the dark! Heathen!
Though maybe when you were over the other day I shouldn't have been gone.
Screw you.

Unknown said...

Now you'll actually have to work. Lame!! J/k. I think that's really cool. Hopefully you enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats! I'm excited for you. As much as I miss being able to goof around online all day at work at my old job, it's real good to be challenged and being busy makes the day go by way faster. Right now I could use a little LESS busyness, but oh well. You get what you ask for I guess. :)