Thursday, July 17, 2008

Who am I?

I've debated starting a blog for a while now... It seems like everyone else is doing it, so what the heck, I'll jump on that train!!

This is pretty
much who I am: I am a married 27 year old, who I guess just became a dad on May 3, 2008. I say "I guess" because I have a wonderful Golden Retriever named Carson who has been my child for almost 2 years. This is him:


Not to cheapen my daughter Danica's birth...but I'll talk more about that in a separate post.

I love my wife Amy, with all that I am, and can't believe that I'm luck enough to have convinced her to spend the rest of her life with me.

I love my family and am very dedicated to them. I love my church, and my savior Jesus. I love music, playing my guitars and leading worship at church (www.eastpark.org).

I have ADD and it's hard for me to sit still. I love cheese, Dr. Pepper, red meat, red wine, and good beer (none of that domestic crap thanks).

I get annoyed with people pigeon holing me as "one of those Jesus people". I am who I am, and I'd prefer that you didn't make assumptions about who I am just because of what I believe.

I am a pastors son, and grew up in the church and therefore am sick and tired of church politics.

I love to have fun, play video games, play with my dog, and just hang out and talk over a good beer.

...and I really can't decide if I should vote for McCain or Obama, but I dislike politics and don't really want to talk about it. Let me make my own decision, I don't need you to convince me. Thanks.

7 comments:

Miss Mar said...

YAY!! I'm so excited you have a blog now... as if we don't get to harass eachother enough on facebook lol

Nicole said...

You forgot to mention your pleather pants!!!

J Rock said...

I'm sure I'll mention the Pleather sometime around halloween....

Miss Mar said...

um and no pics of your adorable baby... what kind of dad are you!?

J Rock said...

Well....I'm going to make a separate post all about her and her birth later today....so there!

Unknown said...

I have, and will continue, to pigeon hole you (whatever that means) as a "Jesus person".

:)

Anonymous said...

Can I just call you an Easter people then??