Thursday, October 9, 2008

5 Months





Danica is 5 months old....and I'm not sure I believe it. Seems like just last week we were bringing her home from the hospital, and thinking "Are we sure we know what we're doing??".

I'll get into that more in a minute, but first an update on my last entry. I've been working out for maybe a month and a half now, and I've lost 5lbs (I'm sure I've gained some muscle as well), and I've had to tighten my belt an extra slot. Wifey says I look "fitter" which is good, and I feel better about myself too! I weighed in at 186lbs the other day, my goal is between 175-180, so I'm getting there.

Ok, back to your irregularly scheduled blog:

Danica is SO fun these days!!! She has much more of a personality, and is much more responsive to the world around her. Those first few months were kind of hard because she didn't do a whole lot....just kinda slept, pooped, and cried. Now inbetween all that we get active / play time! We borrowed a bouncer from a friend and let me tell you, those things are AWESOME!!! She'll sit in there and bounce for a good hour at a time, which really let's us have some down time, and/or get some things done.



She's also starting to sleep in her own bed.... ALL NIGHT!!!! We were kind of in despair about it...figuring that it would never happen, but all of a sudden she decided she would sleep in her bed all night by herself! WTF?!?! I'm not going to argue with her about it though... :)

Right now I'm dreading and looking forward to her learning to crawl. It will be cool to have her moving around but at the same time scary. At this point I can put her down and I know that she'll be in the same spot if I turn my back to do something. Plus, we'll have to really baby proof the house, i.e. gate off the wood stove....somehow.

So I don't know if I like this whole "she's gonna grow up" thing, but I guess I don't have a choice do I?? Here's a few new pics for your enjoyment:


Supporting those Houston Astros.... she has good taste just like her daddy!! ;)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That first picture looks so much like Amy!

Nicole said...

yay!! you posted. I love Danica. She is so beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Amy didn't say you looked fitter, she said you looked fatter.

It's crazy how much she has grown, and how little I see her at times. Sad face. I'll have to try to get over there sometime.